Monday, 4 April 2016

Blog Post Five: Celebrites Behaving Badly


Demonstrating unpleasant, unpredictable, and simply bad behaviours is not uncommon in the world of celebrities. There is no denying that there are celebrities who carry themselves in a professional manner, and are well respected. However, the list of celebrities who have done things that most people find shocking is quite lengthy.

The press goes nuts anytime a celebrity does something outrageous, so here’s the question: are the celebrities acting out like this to get attention or are they just behaving badly just for the sake of behaving badly? I think it’s a bit of both, but that’s just my opinion.

Even though what these celebrities do does not exhibit good behavior, some of the charges that they face might different to what an average citizen would have. I find this very unfair. The celebrity in question has made a choice to be reckless, like any other person, and should have consequences like any other person would. I believe just because a person has a high status they are not above anybody else, they made their own choices and should have penalties, or else they would be completely out of control.

If the status of being a celebrity means that they are above the law these celebrities would not know when they have gone too far. However, some celebrities have gotten out of tight spots, but whether it’s because they have an excellent lawyer or something else, I have no clue.

It boggles many peoples minds how celebrities who have bad manners still have fans screaming after them. I think one reason their fans are still around is because of the person’s talent. A celebrities actions do not change the fact that they have talent. There are people who admire the amount of talent a person has, but has no judgement on the person’s self.

Another reason I think celebrities continues to have a large fan base despite their behavior is because of the bandwagon effect. If there are a great amount of people who like this certain celebrity, and someone wants to “fit in” or seem “cool” then they will become a fan; even if they do not particularly like the celebrity. This could be seen in the younger children, little kids have a tendency to look up to celebrities who they see in their movies or T.V. shows, and who their friends like. However, the celebrities they look up to are much older than these kids, so the celebrities who are role models for kids are getting in trouble and being wild. This sets a bad example for the kids, because if they see this or even hear about it they might think that type of behavior is okay. The behaviors celebrities practice is not a good example for people who look up to them, and they should be held responsible for any trouble they cause.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah I agree that celebrities these days are just trying to attract attention by doing questionable things. I mean I find it very unfair that their popularity can go above the law since they keep getting away with their mischief. I don't understand why fans still remain as fans when they find out that their celebrities are doing stuff like vandalising, and physically assaulting people (I'm looking at you Bieber). I miss the singers and artists back in the day when their songs actually made good sense and they perform for the sake of keeping people happy . They prioritize those over their own happiness and that's why I like them so much. In conclusion, I feel like people should avoid liking celebrities nowadays because they are not good role models for the future generations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As for the part where celebrities are seeking attention by doing these outrageous things is not true. Things happen to everyone and is not always the case of being attention seeking. Besides that, it is true that the way celebrities are treated with a higher standard and status as regular people is unfair. They are regular people just as you and I so we all should be given the same consequences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your were preaching in this blog. I loved this post because your were talking about how some celebrities get off the hook from the law just because of their status. I agreed with everything you mentioned in this post. Especially when you mentioned about bandwagon effect. This is very true so many fans.

    ReplyDelete