The amount of trust people put into the internet is
shocking. Many people take the word of what they see on the internet as fact,
no questions asked. They might forget that anyone can post on the internet,
and not have all the facts. This could cause a bit of a problem,
because how will you know what is fact and what is fake?
I do not pay much attention to memes that cross my path, due to the impreciseness of what they might claim to be fact. However, when I do go on the computer to search up statistics or other a facts, the memes can be slightly annoying to sort through.
To avoid the imprecise information I have tried to make it a habit to look at multiple websites that are known to have the facts and be a reliable source. For example websites run by news station, newspapers, or web sites supported by scientific evidence are a few of the sources from the internet that are dependable.
Due to the amount of people who use the internet seeing multiple false facts can become very frustrating. For example an inaccurate meme can get many “likes” and “shares” on various social media, which will appear on you news feed. Even if people think the meme is not accurate they would still “like”, “share”, and/ or “comment” on the post. Although many memes are quite humorous I don’t sit in front of my computer to search them up for information. I prefer to sit down, and maybe read a good book, instead of searching the internet without a purpose, but that’s just me.
I think the use of memes as information outlets have become a large part of the internet, because of a bandwagon affect for social media, I think once a certain number of people “like”, “share”, or “comment” many people think it must be true if it can receive that much attention. The internet is not always accurate, and people should stop trusting everything they see as fact, because of the amount of “shares” it gets.
I do not pay much attention to memes that cross my path, due to the impreciseness of what they might claim to be fact. However, when I do go on the computer to search up statistics or other a facts, the memes can be slightly annoying to sort through.
To avoid the imprecise information I have tried to make it a habit to look at multiple websites that are known to have the facts and be a reliable source. For example websites run by news station, newspapers, or web sites supported by scientific evidence are a few of the sources from the internet that are dependable.
Due to the amount of people who use the internet seeing multiple false facts can become very frustrating. For example an inaccurate meme can get many “likes” and “shares” on various social media, which will appear on you news feed. Even if people think the meme is not accurate they would still “like”, “share”, and/ or “comment” on the post. Although many memes are quite humorous I don’t sit in front of my computer to search them up for information. I prefer to sit down, and maybe read a good book, instead of searching the internet without a purpose, but that’s just me.
I think the use of memes as information outlets have become a large part of the internet, because of a bandwagon affect for social media, I think once a certain number of people “like”, “share”, or “comment” many people think it must be true if it can receive that much attention. The internet is not always accurate, and people should stop trusting everything they see as fact, because of the amount of “shares” it gets.
No comments:
Post a Comment